Email Program Management Strategic Cohort
Learn the essential strategy, tactics, and tips to manage a strategic email program with monthly sessions and peer learning.
Cohort sessions start on January 29th, 2020.
$400 One Time Payment
$45 monthly or included with All-Access Membership
What you’ll learn:
Email program managers are up against an escalating digital arms race against machine learning filtering our content out of inboxes. Strategic segmentation is key to beating the machines and engaging your supporters.
Beating the machines also means testing strategies to maximize every % inch we can get to increase engagement.
Creating Engagement Series
From a standard welcome series to campaign and issue specific email marketing automation you need this in your email strategy toolbox.
Strategies to grow your email list program.
About the Instructor
Brad (Schenck) Caldana is a leading digital and engagement strategist for nonprofits and political campaigns. He’s been driving engagement via the internet for over a decade and the author of “The Digital Plan — Strategic guidance and planning to: Win political campaigns. Grow nonprofit organizations. Launch projects and meet goals.”
Important roles he’s held: President Obama’s 2012 Training Director and battleground state digital strategy, Digital Strategy for the Democratic National Committee, Digital Strategy for the Obama-Biden 2012 Inaugural team, founding Digital Strategist for Organizing for Action, CREDO SuperPAC Digital Strategy, Head of Engagement for Vote.org, Rainforest Action Network Digital Engagement Director, and dozens of other campaigns and international nonprofits.
More guest Instructors coming
Cohort Sessions Overview
This is a monthly strategic cohort
Segmentation to Save your list
- Why segmentation is essential to save your email list
- Developing strategic cohorts
- Explaining segmentation to leadership
List Evaluation & Projection
- Working on complex list evaluation
- Strategy for determining more accurate list value
- Template and strategy for planning
- Testing by active cohorts strategy
- Testing by subject line and content strategy
- Creating a testing culture
- Cohort Tracking Strategy
- Planning Cohorts
- Cohort Tracking Worksheets
Email Series strategy
- Why your welcome series matters
- Creating an engaging welcome series
- Issue based welcome series
- Welcome series frequency
- Determining which acquisition strategy is right for you
- Testing acquisition impacts.
- Acquisition cohorts
Digital Ads and Email
- Essentials of digital ads acquisition
- Enhancing email engagement with ads
Email subject line and creative testing strategy
- Essentials of subject line testing
- Variations of subject line simple creative
- Testing content creative
- Testing formatting
- Layering into your testing schedule
Developing Email Styles & Voice
- Strategic choices for email variations
- Deploying variations for engagement
- Defining organizational voice and message testing
- Defining sender voices
EOY Email Planning
- Email planning for EOY
- Getting your list ready
- Planning a strategic schedule.
Email Data Review
- Reviewing your email strategy
- Looking at cohort impacts
- Approaches for deeper email analysis and review
Strategic Email Planning
- Applying the cohort learnings to long term planning
- Looking ahead to next year planning
This cohort is great for:
This cohort will equip you with the strategy to manage a true email program. If you’re a digital leader without a deep background in complex email strategy this is for you.
Too many email managers have cut their teeth on content but haven’t been given the training and strategy they need to develop their programs beyond good click rates.
New Email Staff
Anyone working in email this is a great cohort. It will take you beyond just understanding content to understanding email program strategy.
3 Ways to join!
$45 a month
For $45 month you get access to all sessions, plus standard non-cohort classes.
$400 Single Payment
For just $400 you get access to this cohort, plus standard non-cohort classes.
Free Acces with
The all-access membership includes all courses and most cohorts for one low price starting at $95 per month.