9-Week Live Course
Essentials of Digital for
Learn essential strategies, tactics, tips, and technologies to run an effective digital program for your political campaigns.
Classes Thursday 6 ET / 3 PT January 16th – March 12th.
Super Early Bird $99
Sign up by November 30th to get this special price!
What you’ll learn:
Essential Digital Strategy
Every campaign has its own pathway to victory. In this 9-lesson course, you’ll learn essential strategies to win — and how to individualize your campaign efforts for maximum impact.
Each lesson offers expert strategies designed specifically for political campaigns of all sizes. Together, we’ll ensure you know what you need to create a holistic digital plan to help your campaign win.
Digital Tactics to Win Political Campaigns
Content that engages
About the Instructor
Brad (Schenck) Caldana is a leading digital and engagement strategist for nonprofits and political campaigns. He’s been driving engagement via the internet for over a decade and the author of “The Digital Plan — Strategic guidance and planning to: Win political campaigns. Grow nonprofit organizations. Launch projects and meet goals.”
Important roles he’s held: President Obama’s 2012 Training Director and battleground state digital strategy, Digital Strategy for the Democratic National Committee, Digital Strategy for the Obama-Biden 2012 Inaugural team, founding Digital Strategist for Organizing for Action, CREDO SuperPAC Digital Strategy, Head of Engagement for Vote.org, Rainforest Action Network Digital Engagement Director, and dozens of other campaigns and international nonprofits.
This is a live 9 lesson course
January 16th 6 ET / 3 PT
Visual Branding & Narrative for Political Campaigns
- How branding & narrative online wins campaigns
- Understanding your brand
- Why your story and narrative matter
- Your brand is your story
January 23rd 6 ET / 3 PT
Email Strategy for Political Campaigns
- How strategic email communications helps win campaigns
- Fundamentals of Email Strategy
- Essential Segmentation and Audience Management
- Essentials of list building
- Combining Email and Digital Ads
- Essentials of Testing Email Copy and Content
January 30th 6 ET / 3 PT
for Political Campaigns
- How strategic websites win campaigns
- Website strategy as core online strategy
- Essentials of website strategy
- Understanding website platforms and project scoping basics.
- Digital Ads and your website
February 6th 6 ET / 3 PT
Digital Advertising for Political Campaigns
- How strategic digital advertising wins campaigns
- Digital Advertising Framework Strategy
- Basics of Facebook Ads
- Basics of Google Ads
- Budgeting for Ads Basics
February 13th 6 ET / 3 PT
Social Media for Political Campaigns
- How strategic social media wins campaigns
- How to choose which social media platforms to use — and which you can ignore
- Building capacity for good impact on social media
- Resources for great social media
- Understanding the intersection of social digital ads and organic content
February 13th 6 ET / 3 PT
Broadcast and Peer-to-peer Texting for Political Campaigns
- How strategic texting wins campaigns
- Text messaging’s impact on recruitment, organizing, fundraising, and voter engagement.
- Broadcast versus Peer-to-Peer Texting
- How to choose your texting tools and basic implementation
February 20th 6 ET / 3 PT
Video Strategy for Political Campaigns
- How compelling video wins campaigns
- Why video is essential to political campaigns
- Basics of video strategy
- Video essentials in digital ads
March 5th 6 ET / 3 PT
Digital Fundraising for Political Campaigns
- Digital fundraising to win campaigns
- Core ways to fundraise online
- Fundraising realities with scale
- Narrative and fundraising
- Email as your core strategy
- Digital Ads in your fundraising strategy
March 12th 6 ET / 3 PT
Digital Organizing for Political Campaigns
- How digital organizing wins campaigns
- What digital organizing is
- Digital Organizing for campaigns of various sizes
- Ways to approach digital organizing
This course is great for:
Digital strategy is essential for modern political campaigns. This cohort will help you build an effective digital strategy, so you’ll know what you need to know and can focus on winning.
Digital Strategy for campaigns is different than running digital for companies or nonprofits. We’ll help you navigate the quirks of digital political campaigns by helping you develop specific skills and knowledge you need to run a winning digital program for a political campaign.
Staff & Volunteers
We’ve helped enough campaigns to know that people often wear multiple hats in a campaign office — and that often it’s volunteers, not paid staff, who carry out important roles. If you’re one of these largely unsung heroes, this course is for you! It will help your personal impact and support the candidates who you feel best represent your values.